Saturday, September 03, 2005

ITS HAM - IN A CAN! (Singapore Airport)

I switched on my mobile phone. SINGTEL-G9 appeared on the screen. Go global roaming! This is cool! It beeped for an SMS. The SMS welcomed me to Singapore, told me the current exchange rate and weather forecast. Not bad, that's actually quite good service.

Another beep. This time is was from Optus, telling me my Singapore helpline contact numbers. Oh well - I guess it wouldn't fit into the first one.

Another beep. Apparently I can send and receive MMS and use GPRS. How...interesting.

Another beep. Apparently a WIFI internet service had been linked to my Singtel account and an alternative number was available for dial up should I so desire. Argh!

This sort of thing doesn't happen in Sydney....why? Think Julian! Because...the policy drivers don't exist in a government as gracious and benevolent as Singapore. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home