Saturday, September 03, 2005

THE MIDORI SPLICE OF THE 20'S (SQ232)

AS I sit here writing away - the hostess has handed me my ordered cocktail - a Singapore Sling. I didn't know what to expect for a cocktail invented in the 20s. I imagined a James Bond style square glass with two icecubes and an inch of clear liquid on the bottom - reeking repellent fumes of ethanol.

I was handed a plastic cup filled with what appeared to be tomato cordial. Stranger still - it tasted dominantly of pineapple juice - making it the Midori Splice of my grandmother's generation.

I realised my expectations had been mistargeted. In the Great Gatsby, the party guests consume the latest cocktails...all made from the fruit juice of the newly invented electric juicers...of course!

Kathryn sauntered over,
"I ordered a vegetarian meal," she smiled, "You get served before everyone else."
I rolled my eyes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Expect recruiters to Google you for "digital dirt"
It could include your chat-room tirade on an ex-roommate's sex life or that photo of you and college buddies smoking something that's not exactly tobacco - stuff a prospective employer finds by Googling your ...
Great blog! You may also enjoy my time share resale site. You'll find time share resale related information there.

Sun Sep 04, 05:13:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home