Monday, September 19, 2005

FINAL REFLECTIONS (Sydney)

As I finish this journal it seems fitting to leave you with a scan of the dog I was talking about at the beginning. (You can see that the dog is saying "you know what I'm thinking - just get on with it.")

On reflection I'm still not entirely sure I got the format right for this. The number of posts (around 105) seems too many for email - but I got lots of feedback last time saying people really liked the email because of its impact.

I hope you enjoyed reading this. I was fun to write - and fun to have the pen fly across the page and the words pour out.

China is a great place to visit and things there are changing very fast. My favourite city was definitely Lijiang - and I hope from the photos you can see why. The hilite of the trip? Buying food cooked in front of you on the street? Cheap DVDs? Staying in a hotel room with water running through it? Contemplating a pigs tail kebab?

Definitely have to give credit to Kathryn - without whom this trip would have been a lot more stressful, and less interesting. Definitely also thank Jo - who is an awesome travel partner. Finally I'm thanking God - who is perceptibly a lot more active there than you'd think.

JG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home